This history of Kingsland has been developed from the following works:
- Kingsland’s History, produced by Revd James Jobling but not yet found in published form (it is hoped to put the full copy of this work on the web in due course).
- History of Kingsland 1858 – 1958, produced by the Women’s Institute in 1958, and their Scrapbook of 1965
- The Leon Valley by Norman C. Reeves, and published by Phillimore & Co., of Chichester, Sussex
- Listed Buildings in Kingsland
We are indebted to many others who have provided input into this history – and further contributions are always welcome.
In addition, we give below some links to web pages which are interesting further reading:
- Link to WW2 story from the BBC
- Link to Extract from Directory and Gazetteer of Herefordshire, 1868
- UK Genealogy Archives (for Kingsland)
- British History Online also has a page on Kingsland with detailed information on the Church, Castle and many buildings throughout the village
- Vision of Britain form the University of Portsmouth has useful historical information .