If you have any job vacancies or volunteer requests in the parish please send them to us via the Contact Us page and we are happy to post them for free. Most recent at the top. Please mention KingslandLife if you apply for any of the posts! Thanks
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR KINGSLANDLIFE
We are always looking for volunteers to help with the KingslandLife website so that we can continue this valuable information service for the parish.
- Administration – we have 2 committee meetings a year and occasional extra ones. Anyone who would be interested in being our Secretary would be welcomed!
- Website updating helpers – if you are comfortable with computers and can use at least Word and email we can teach you how to update this easy WordPress website. If you are familiar with WordPress even better! Helpers are always needed so we can ensure this website is as up to date as it can be.
- If you would like to help us on any of the above please contact Sally Deakin on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01568 708839. Many thanks!
Services for Independent Living – job vacancies
Since being listed as one of the twenty most popular free destinations in the West Midlands, Leominster Museum has become busier, and we need more volunteers to cover front of house during opening hours, and assist with curation activities …”
We have a friendly team who generously give their time to keep the Museum open The 2020 theme for our new exhibition is Leominster Childhood
It will have a collection of Victorian christening gowns, photographs of children from the Henry Winterbourn Collection, a mock School Room with photographs of Leominster pupils over the last hundred years, sporting memorabilia, toys, and other artefacts to illustrate the theme.
Could you spare half a day per week or maybe half a day per month? It would be greatly appreciated This year, the Museum is open six days a week from the 4th of April to the 31st of October.
If you would be interested in helping in any way please give me a call on 07771798712 or email email@example.com
Volunteers for Onside needed
Onside a local charity which works across Herefordshire and Worcestershire, is looking for people to take on the role of a Relevant Persons Representative (RPR).
As an RPR the volunteer would be visiting a person just once every 6-8 weeks for no more than 1 hour. Volunteering would be local to where the volunteer lives. Volunteers as an RPR are safeguarding the rights of vulnerable people who don’t have the mental capacity to consent to care or treatment.
Onside’s Volunteer Manager, Claire Watkins, said “Our volunteers give their time, their passion and enthusiasm, this role is very worthwhile and rewarding.”
Volunteers are ordinary people of all ages and backgrounds they just need to be good listeners and have some time to give. We also have further opportunities with advocacy, mentoring, café and book shop volunteering available.
If you can picture yourself in the role of an Onside volunteer please call Claire Watkins – Volunteer Manager on 01905 27525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. This type of volunteering is flexible to fit with your life and circumstances. Free training (throughout the year) is provided and all expenses paid.
Background on charity:
- Onside improves the lives of over 3000 vulnerable adults every year in Worcestershire and Herefordshire.
- We provide free services to support adults facing disadvantage through mental and physical ill health, learning disability and old age. Eg. Depression, autism, learning difficulties
- Onside employs over 50 people and has150 active volunteers
- Onside is a Worcestershire based charity established in 1993 stemming from a belief that everyone has the right to be a valued human being and to be treated in a just and fair manner.
Registered Charity no. 1102022 Web: www.onside-advocacy.org.uk.
ROYAL VOLUNTARY SERVICE
My name is Karen and I am posting on behalf of Royal Voluntary Service.
I am the Community Engagement and Development Worker for Herefordshire (and bordering areas of Powys, Worcestershire and Shropshire).
I am looking for volunteers with a little time to spare and who would like to benefit their community (in particular involving older people) by introducing a new activity in the area. From running a quiz in a community hall to exploring new ways to bring people together over food, or setting up a new hobby or interest group – this is a great opportunity for people, whatever their background, interest or passion, to share it with others with the backing and support of a national charity.
No previous experience is necessary and I will provide all new volunteers with the necessary support to set up their group. This includes a start-up fund, start-up support, training, insurance, and promotion, as well as ongoing support and guidance with legal, technical and financial matters.
If you interested and would like to do more in your community please contact me: