If you have any job vacancies or volunteer requests in the parish please send them to us via the Contact Us page and we are happy to post them for free. Most recent at the top. Please mention KingslandLife if you apply for any of the posts! Thanks
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR KINGSLANDLIFE
We are always looking for volunteers to help with the KingslandLife website so that we can continue this valuable information service for the parish.
- Administration – we have 2 committee meetings a year and occasional extra ones. Anyone who would be interested in being our Secretary would be welcomed!
- Website updating helpers – if you are comfortable with computers and can use at least Word and email we can teach you how to update this easy WordPress website. If you are familiar with WordPress even better! Helpers are always needed so we can ensure this website is as up to date as it can be.
- If you would like to help us on any of the above please contact Sally Deakin on email@example.com or call 01568 708839. Many thanks!
Volunteers for Onside needed
Onside a local charity which works across Herefordshire and Worcestershire, is looking for people to take on the role of a Relevant Persons Representative (RPR).
As an RPR the volunteer would be visiting a person just once every 6-8 weeks for no more than 1 hour. Volunteering would be local to where the volunteer lives. Volunteers as an RPR are safeguarding the rights of vulnerable people who don’t have the mental capacity to consent to care or treatment.
Onside’s Volunteer Manager, Claire Watkins, said “Our volunteers give their time, their passion and enthusiasm, this role is very worthwhile and rewarding.”
Volunteers are ordinary people of all ages and backgrounds they just need to be good listeners and have some time to give. We also have further opportunities with advocacy, mentoring, café and book shop volunteering available.
If you can picture yourself in the role of an Onside volunteer please call Claire Watkins – Volunteer Manager on 01905 27525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. This type of volunteering is flexible to fit with your life and circumstances. Free training (throughout the year) is provided and all expenses paid.
Background on charity:
- Onside improves the lives of over 3000 vulnerable adults every year in Worcestershire and Herefordshire.
- We provide free services to support adults facing disadvantage through mental and physical ill health, learning disability and old age. Eg. Depression, autism, learning difficulties
- Onside employs over 50 people and has150 active volunteers
- Onside is a Worcestershire based charity established in 1993 stemming from a belief that everyone has the right to be a valued human being and to be treated in a just and fair manner.
Registered Charity no. 1102022 Web: www.onside-advocacy.org.uk.
PART TIME CARER VACANCY IN KINGSLAND
We have a part time care worker vacancy looking after a lady in Kingsland .
We would be looking for someone local to visit this lady morning and lunchtime and some evenings around 7pm.
We can offer £7.83 per hour and £8.30 per hour at the weekend. We’d be looking for someone to visit on set days if they preferred this.
Please contact Radis Community Care 01432 373601 or email@example.com
ROYAL VOLUNTARY SERVICE
My name is Karen and I am posting on behalf of Royal Voluntary Service.
I am the Community Engagement and Development Worker for Herefordshire (and bordering areas of Powys, Worcestershire and Shropshire).
I am looking for volunteers with a little time to spare and who would like to benefit their community (in particular involving older people) by introducing a new activity in the area. From running a quiz in a community hall to exploring new ways to bring people together over food, or setting up a new hobby or interest group – this is a great opportunity for people, whatever their background, interest or passion, to share it with others with the backing and support of a national charity.
No previous experience is necessary and I will provide all new volunteers with the necessary support to set up their group. This includes a start-up fund, start-up support, training, insurance, and promotion, as well as ongoing support and guidance with legal, technical and financial matters.
If you interested and would like to do more in your community please contact me:
TEDDY TRUST – VOLUNTEER NEEDED FOR THE WEBSITE
We are currently looking for someone who could run our website at the Teddy Trust. The website is completely set up and runs very efficiently so there is no work involved in design etc. www.teddytrust.org.uk However, it does need someone who understands how to run a website on a day to day basis and who can put up posts and photos and change small details as and when they are needed.
If you can help please contact Ellie Somme – email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01544 327835.
17.07.18 Update – Still a vacancy Jan 2019
JOB VACANCY – MARKHAM’S GARAGE – VEHICLE TECHNICIAN FULL TIME
Full Time Vehicle Technician Required (MOT tester preferable but not essential)
Starting salary of £19,000 – £22,000 per annum (negotiable pending experience).
We also offer 28 days annual holiday allowance, a company pension scheme, and long-term career development prospects with the company.
Please ring Lisa on 01568 708208 or send your CV to email@example.com